Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Easy Like Sunday Morning...

And so goes the song...

However, other than when I hark back to childhood, and those days on holiday when all you need to do is secure your sun lounger with a beach towel...remember those days?..., I don't particularly find Sunday mornings easy. 

Sunday mornings consist of being hauled out of bed as per a school morning and standing at the hob, mixing eggs etc to make pancakes for the small people. I know, self inflicted, and boy am I looking forward to the day when the small people are flipping the pancakes onto my plate on a weekend. 

After clearing away the breakfast dishes, the dinner prep begins. I'm traditionally English when it comes to Sunday meals, and nothing, and I mean nothing can take the place of a Sunday dinner. Apart from the aforementioned holiday, when a salad, and wonderfully chilled glass of wine will do just grand.

Can you tell I'm missing my holidays?

After dinner, the great big clean up takes place. You realise how many pans you own when you cook a Sunday dinner and how many plates can be used in the whole preparation.

Generally, after the great big clean up, the clock is ticking, and it's time to prep for school the next day, and so out comes the iron, school bags, shoe polish...you get the general idea.

Then suddenly, it's tea time. Little hungry tummies start opening the fridge door. So, the kitchen benches fill once again with food stuff and Sunday tea is created.

After an exhausting day, little people need cleaning and settling into bed.

So, whoever said Sunday morning was easy, I'd like a word with them!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most read post

Parenting Autism

It's autism acceptance week.  Again. And I'm still here, wishing that autism truly was accepted. I’m seeing workplaces trying, real...