Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Half A Face Of Make-Up

 Yeah. That.

The whole mask thing. Now, don't get me wrong, I am very pro mask wearing, in fact, they have become quite a fashion statement for me and I'm becoming quite fond of our household's collection of facial attire. 

Who'd have thought, but you know, there is a slight issue...the make-up thing...

so, I was going shopping...

Rule 1

No lipstick, particularly no gloss. Lipstick is nothing but a nuisance during our mask wearing times. Its my staple make-up item and from an early age, I loved that slick of colour, or tinted lip balm across my lips, but with a mask it's just....no...just no. I made up my face as per pre-mask wearing times. parking the car, I donned my Darth Vader style black mask (it went with my black outfit...I'm talking more rock chick than Morticia Adams - just to clarify) and immediately, the lining of my mask attached itself lovingly to my lips. I spent the entire time pouting my way around the supermarket. This also causes a problem trying to remove said lipstick from mask lining.

Rule 2

Foundation/powder/blusher. Yeah, that stuff. if you are spending a period of time in your mask, when you take said mask off, you are going to look delightfully made up from the top of your nose, upwards. Your lower face could be in any form of artistic creation akin to a Picasso painting. You have been warned.

I also found that in winter, the wonderful mask was like a face warmer and I was grateful that at last, I had a solution to warm my nose, however, summer could be very different!

So, masks are a thumbs up for me! Not only is it doing a great job in keeping you safe, but there are some fantastic designs to suit your style aaaand...it saves you money on make-up...let your true beauty shine through, au natural!

Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most read post

Parenting Autism

It's autism acceptance week.  Again. And I'm still here, wishing that autism truly was accepted. I’m seeing workplaces trying, real...