Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2021

The Holidays Are Nigh

 And that's a wrap for the three weeks of spring term for our little people!


It sure went in the blink of an eye, and now, we are awarded with a nice two week break. So, what plans do you have? 


We have no plans whatsoever. Still in lockdown, our movements are competely restricted, and so, we will be having a full tribe house tidy.......


Yeah, right, who am I kidding? I will run from room to room in an attempt to make my home look remotely tidy, while our little people sail between Fortnite and the fridge. Hubby, meanwhile will be venturing out into the garden to start the years worth of maintaining. 


The fridge door will be open ninety percent of the time, generally with a little person either standing, staring into it, or rumaging frantically for a sweet treat.


I always wonder if at school the teacher is asked for a snack as often as we are? how many hands raised in a lesson is a kid whinging "Miss, I'm hungry", "Miss, when is it lunchtime?", Miss, just one little snack, please...please!....pleeeaase" 


Even during remote learning, I made snack boxes for each child, as I had my head in the fridge more times than enough during the day, chopping apples, grapes, bananas....yeah, yeah and grabbing chocolate bars, crisps and hauling out the sweet jar onto the 'school table', just to keep them going as they studied. In the end, I grabbed a basket for each child, and placed their snack allowance in it each day. obviously fruit and drinks were unlimited, but it did help to limit the sugar intake, and it worked quite well.


So, operation Easter is about to begin...


wish me luck folks!


Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most read post

Parenting Autism

It's autism acceptance week.  Again. And I'm still here, wishing that autism truly was accepted. I’m seeing workplaces trying, real...