Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2021

"We're (Just Over) Halfway There"....

 So, as I hum the famous tune of Bon Jovi, admittedly adding a couple of words, I am so proud to say I have topped the 40,000 word mark of the book that I'm writing!

I have had the most amazing run this Easter holiday and just four days ago, I had hit 30,000 words, so ten thousand in a few days is pretty good going!

I'm really enjoying this and I'm adding ideas constantly as improvement to the story line. The characters have found their own way in this book and I've let the story develop the around them, which has taken me down many different roads...some forcing me out of my comfort zone completely, however, a story has to be compelling, intriguing and captivating to keep the reader wanting more, so, that's the job of the person writing it, no matter how it makes them feel.

So, I'm still far from the ending, and to be honest, I'm not sure which way I'll be going with that either - it's a mystery to me at the moment!

I'm often asked which genre I am writing, well, I have a few on the go; two family saga/romance, a sci-fi, a funny, a childrens series (5 stories completed so far) and another children's series just started.

Watch this space and hopefully, soon I'll be announcing my finished draft...ready to go through it all again for editing!

Have a great day!

Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most read post

Parenting Autism

It's autism acceptance week.  Again. And I'm still here, wishing that autism truly was accepted. I’m seeing workplaces trying, real...